MacBook Liquid damage repairs
Spill damage is repairable at reasonable prices. Most leave our workshop paying between €100 – €450 depending on their problem. Apple often quotes €750 – €1250 to replace everything with a tier 4 repair because it’s easier for them to replace everything (and charge you accordingly). We repair the damaged components specifically and pass the savings onto you!
Book in your Mac for an estimate.
We’ll give you an assessment of what is wrong and what needs to be done! If it’s too far damaged to be worth repairing, we’ll let you know.
Common estimates: (Depends on model of machine and extent of damage)
- Keyboard/power button – €125-€350
- Trackpad – €125-€250
- Logic board repair – €150-€350+
- Battery – €100-€250
What if I spill liquid on my MacBook?
- This advice applies to liquid damaged MacBook, liquid damaged MacBook Air or liquid damaged MacBook Pro.
- First and foremost, immediately shut down the machine and remove ALL power, this includes the battery if removable. The chances of a short occurring as the liquid continues to travel within your machine are greatly reduced by removing the power quickly.
- Unplug ALL external devices such as hard drives; displays; keyboards etc.
- Dry off all visible liquid with absorbent towel. If the spillage was primarily on the keyboard, flip the machine over and rest the keyboard face down on a towel. This can prevent the liquid from seeping further into the machine and causing damage to major components such as the main logic board.
- Allow the machine to dry out for a significant period of time. We would recommend at least 96 hours but longer may be necessary depending upon the environment. Storing the machine in a warm, dry place such as an airing cupboard will help with the drying process.
- When you are certain that the machine is dry, you can attempt to turn it on but we would recommend that you send it to us for a full inspection before you do.
When you come to Mac Repair Ireland, WE fix it!
Most companies outsource component level motherboard repair because they don’t know how to do it. The person you are talking to does not work for the company repairing your device, causing delays and unexpected surprises.
As soon as you spill something on your machine you should stop using it! Turning it on will make it worse; electricity and water cause corrosion like the board in the picture. Even when damage is this extensive, we can repair it, but it is best to minimise damage.
Problems we will fix on your spill damaged machine:
- Not turning on.
- No light/image on the screen.
- Not charging the battery.
- Keys not working properly.
- Trackpad not working properly.
Regardless of the problem we can fix it
We work on all Apple computers. We will inspect your device and tell you the cost and the time frame to repair it.
We invested to have on hand and use the best high-tech tools like Hakko, Weber, Fluke, Omano, Amscope, Rigol, Siglent etc., using them daily for our high quality logic board component level repairs. All of the parts and components we use during our repairs are the best available original replacements. We don’t make compromise with the quality of the materials needed during any repair. We use the world best brands like Amtech soldering paste and fluxes, Kester soldering alloys, 3M double-sided tapes etc,, Most of them are made in and imported directly from USA.